Best Adirondack Chairs Reviews And Top Picks In 2021

best adirondack chairs
Best Adirondack Chairs
[Updated July 2021] When you’re in the market to find the best Adirondack chairs for your home, there are countless options available to choose from.

However, since there are so many options available, you might be confused about which one is going to suit your needs the best.

Two Girls Sitting on White Adirondack Chairs

Well, we’re here to break down the basics for you and then give you 10 options that could work for your home.

Best Adirondack Chairs

The Basics To Consider When Choosing The Best Adirondack Chair

When choosing the best Adirondack chairs for your home, you are going to want to consider:

  • Popular Material Choices
  • Heavy, Long-Term Materials
  • Finish
  • Maintenance

Popular Material Choices

Typically when you’re looking at patio furniture, you’re going to find countless resin or plastic options. Plastic chairs tend to be favorable because they are intended for seasonal use. When the chairs aren’t being used, they can easily be stored away. They’re easy to clean, and they’re durable.

Colored PVC Chairs

This is true for PVC Adirondack chairs, too. These chairs, as well as other synthetic Adirondack chairs, can give you the look of wooden Adirondack chairs at only a fraction of the cost, plus an added benefit of going with plastic is that they tend to be more affordable, also.

Heavy, Long-Term Materials

If you want to go for the more authentic look and feel, you are probably going to want to go with traditional Adirondack style chairs that are made out of weather resistant wood. Typically, weather resistant Adirondack chairs are made out of teak wood or other strong woods like cedar or mahogany.

Finish

When you decide to buy Adirondack chairs for your home, you may want to consider what type of finish your chair has. For example, if you want weatherproof Adirondack chairs, you’re going to want to choose one that has been finished with some sort of lacquer, so it’ll keep its beautiful color. However, you can also find these chairs painted and untreated.

Three Colored Adirondack Chairs

Keep in mind, if you choose a painted chair, you may have to scrape it down and refinish it in a couple of years. With the untreated, natural chairs, the wood will gray, and the wood grain may rise up. If you want to keep the wood smooth, you’ll have to sand down the rough areas periodically over the life of the chair.

Maintenance

Before you purchase your Adirondack  chair, you’ll want to consider the maintenance that it will require to keep it looking beautiful and functional. For example, if you want a chair that doesn’t require a lot of upkeep, like repainting or restaining, you may find that a synthetic material is more preferable.

Now that we’ve touched on the key elements that you should consider when choosing your chair let’s get to the good stuff! Below, we are going to discuss 10 of the best Adirondack chairs that you may consider purchasing.

Woman Reading Book on Adirondack Chair

If you are a new homeowner or you’re on a tight budget, here are a few options of Adirondack chairs that are affordably priced.

Best Adirondack Chairs in 2021

Unfinished Little Colorado Child’s Adirondack Chair

While you may be looking for a chair for yourself, toddler Adirondack chairs like this one are a great addition if you want something for your little ones—after all, they can enjoy the comfort of the chairs too! Notable features of this chair include:
  • Easy assembly
  • Unfinished so you can customize it for your child
  • Made from solid wood
  • Made in America
These chairs are recommended for children between 2 and 7 years old. They are made from solid Montana pine and features rounded edges so your child won’t get hurt should they fall on any of the edges. The seat, back, and arms of the chair are pre-assembled so that when you go to finish assembling it, it’ll be done in a snap! Unfinished Little Colorado Child’s Adirondack Chair Of the people who purchased this chair, 95% gave 4 or 5-star reviews. These customers felt that the chair was perfect for their children. They felt that the overall quality was pretty decent and they especially liked how easy it was to assemble. Of the remaining 5% who left 3-star or lower reviews, the common complaint was they had to reinforce the chair because it didn’t feel quite as sturdy as one would hope, especially for children to use.

Leigh Country TX 94050 Adirondack Chair

This classic Adirondack chair is available in two colors: cherry red and charred wood, so you can choose to give your porch that pop of color it may be lacking, or the rustic feel of a well-loved chair, although it’s brand new! Notable features of this chair include:
  • Durable wood construction
  • Weather resistant red paint
  • Made from pine and fir woods
  • Assembly required
If you’re looking for affordable weatherproof Adirondack chairs, these may be something you’d want to consider. You can place these chairs in your garden and have the peace of mind in knowing that they will withstand the weather, thanks to the red paint. Leigh-Country-TX-94050-Adirondack-Chair Of the people who purchased this chair, 68% gave 4 or 5-star reviews. These customers felt that the chair provided the perfect pop of color th ey were looking for. They felt the chairs were fairly strong and the assembly went smoothly. Of the remaining 32% who left 3-star or lower reviews, the common complaint was less than favorable. Many people felt these were cheaply made and the paint peeled within a week. One customer revealed that the chairs felt like they were made from balsa wood, rather than the pine, fir, or even cedar that the red chairs are supposedly made from.

Patio Sense Coconino Wicker Adirondack Chair

For a more modern take on an Adirondack style chair, this is a great option! Notable features of this chair include:
  • All Weather wicker construction
  • Beige outdoor cushion included
  • No maintenance
  • Easy to assemble
  • Lightweight for ease of mobility
Folks who enjoy the look of wicker and the Adirondack style chair can appreciate this lightweight, yet durable chair. It features a luscious mocha finish that is a lovely accent for any porch or patio. Since this is made of wicker, there is little to no maintenance. The included cushion makes this the perfect seat for any patio or sunroom. Patio-Sense-Coconino-Wicker-Adirondack-Chair Of the people who purchased this chair, 79% gave 4 or 5-star reviews. These customers felt that the chair had a lovely design, durable and was pretty comfortable. They also felt that assembling the chair was fairly simple, as it only took 20 minutes from start to finish. Of the remaining 21% who left 3-star or lower reviews, the common complaint was the hardware rusted not too long after purchasing the chair. Another complaint a customer had was that the hardware rusted and they needed to be replaced with stainless steel screws. Another customer shared that they purchased two chairs, but the cushions didn’t match—one was ½ inch thinner than the other.

Lifetime 60064 Adirondack Chair

Another Lifetime chair on our list, this particular chair is a little more expensive, as it is made from UV-protected, 100% recycled polystyrene material. Notable features of this chair include:
  • Constructed of UV-Protected simulated wood
  • UV-Protection to prevent cracking, chipping, or peeling
  • Quick and Easy assembly
  • Stain-resistant and easy to clean
  • Stainless steel screws
This classic design allows you have the look of authentic wooden Adirondack chairs without worrying about staining or refinishing it every so often. The chair is UV-protected and designed specifically for outdoor use. The benefit of choosing a chair made from this synthetic material is that you never have to worry about it splintering, warping, or rotting, no matter how long you have the chair. Lifetime-60064-Adirondack-Chair Of the people who purchased this chair, 86% gave 4 or 5-star reviews. These customers felt that the chair was comfortable and pretty sturdy. In regards to the construction, they felt that it was relatively easy once you got the hang of it—although there was an abundance of screws that needed to be screwed in. One person had a tip: use candle wax to lubricate the threads of the screws to make them easier to screw in. Of the remaining 14% who left 3-star or lower reviews, the common complaint was that they felt the chairs were too lightweight and the overall quality was cheap. One customer warned that they only got two years of use before the wood broke.

Folding Cedar Adirondack Chair, Amish Crafted

If you’re looking for folding wooden Adirondack chairs, then this is a great option that is reasonably priced at just under $135. Notable features of this chair include:
  • Constructed out of Western Red Cedar
  • Unfinished chair so you can customize the color to your liking
  • Quality made in the USA by Amish craftsmen
Amish Adirondack chairs are known for being constructed well, and this particular chair is constructed from western red cedar, so not only will you be getting a chair that is constructed well, but the wood is strong, it is resistant to rot, decay, and insect damage. All the slats are planed and the edges are routered for optimal smoothness. Perhaps the most notable feature is that this chair can be folded up for easy storage when it isn’t in use. Folding-Cedar-Adirondack-Chair-Amish-Crafted Of the people who purchased this chair, 88% gave 4 or 5-star reviews. These customers felt that the chair was easy to assemble—it only took 15 minutes, start to finish. Other comments include the chair being comfortable and sturdy, especially for a folding chair. Of the remaining 12% who left 3-star or lower reviews, the common complaint was because the chair was made of cedar, they felt the joints were a little weak. Some have even said they felt that these chairs weren’t really built to last a lifetime. One customer said they had a cracked slat that needed to be glued.

Highwood Classic Westport Adirondack Chair

If you’re looking for a chair that has already been painted, this chair comes in several colors ranging from white, white wash, to a deep blue. Notable features of this chair include:
  • Made in the USA
  • Build from recycled plastic, eco-friendly, proprietary materials
  • 500-pound weight capacity
  • Durable, fade resistant material assembled with 304-grade stainless steel hardware
  • 12-year residential/2 year commercial warranty
Because this chair is made of recycled materials, it is an eco-friendly option that is going to be able to withstand all types of weather, from the heat of Arizona to the freezing temperatures of Alaska. The nice feature is that there is a great warranty included, so if something happens to your chair, you can get a refund or replacement. Also, there are several other products like a conversation table, an ottoman, and a side table you can purchase to complete the set. Highwood-Classic-Westport-Adirondack-Chair Of the people who purchased this chair, 81% gave 4 or 5-star reviews. These customers felt that the chair was a high-quality material and the product was durable enough to take a beating while out in the elements. They enjoy the low maintenance of the chairs and especially enjoy how easy they were to assemble. Of the remaining 19% who left 3-star or lower reviews, the common complaint was that the overall design of the chair wasn’t comfortable for short people. They felt that the slope between the front and the back was too severe and made you sit in an uncomfortable position.

Trex Outdoor Furniture Cape Cod Folding Adirondack Chair

For another foldable Adirondack chair option, we have this chair by Trex. Notable features of this product include:
  • Made from HDPE plastic
  • Minimal assembly required
  • Cape Cod Style Adirondack chair
Since this product is made from a high-performance, HDPE material, it’s soft to the touch but is durable enough to stand up against extreme weather like the sun, rain, saltwater, as well as snow and ice. If you’re looking for a product that is low maintenance, this chair will spend more of your time relaxing than worrying about the longevity of the chairs. The Cape Cod style chair features a generous seat and a curved back that is stylish and comfortable. Trex-Outdoor-Furniture-Cape-Cod-Folding-Adirondack-Chair Of the people who purchased this chair, 81% gave 4 or 5-star reviews. These customers felt that the chair was the perfect chair for their patios. It gave them the look of traditional wooden Adirondack chairs without the maintenance that goes along with it. Of the remaining 19% who left 3-star or lower reviews, the common complaint was they felt the chair was too low to the ground for elderly customers. Some have said that the slats were spaced too far apart and it wasn’t quite as comfortable as other options available.

Richmond Adirondack Chair Set

If you want a complete patio set to arrive in one complete package, then you may want to consider this set. Notable features of this product include :
  • 2 Adirondack chairs are included
  • 1 free side table to match your chairs
  • Made from a durable red Shorea wood
This set includes two Adirondack chairs that are made of red stained Shorea wood. The matching side table is the perfect complement for the chairs, rounding out your patio set beautifully. Because they are made of Shorea, they are resistant to insect infestation as well as rot so you can keep the chairs outside for years to come. Richmond Adirondack Chair Set on Grass Of the people who purchased this chair, 94% gave 4 or 5-star reviews. These customers felt that the chair was heavy, sturdy, and comfortable. Some customers say the assembly was easy, while others had a bit of difficulty. Of the remaining 6% who left 3-star or lower reviews, the common complaint was they didn’t last as long as one would expect. One customer said after they opened the package, they noticed several pieces had cracks.

Highwood Hamilton Folding And Reclining Adirondack Chair

For those who wants an Adirondack chair that is going to be comfortable and promote relaxation, then this chair from Highwood is a contender! Notable features of this chair   include:
  • 3 different sizes available: adult, king, and child
  • Folds for easy storage
  • Made from recycled plastic, eco-friend, proprietary materials
  • Durable and fade resistant material assembled with 304-grade stainless steel hardware
  • 12-year residential/2 year commercial warranty
Much like the previous Highwood we mentioned on this list, it is made of recycled materials, it is an eco-friendly option that is going to be able to withstand all types of weather, from the heat of Arizona to the freezing temperatures of Alaska. Highwood-Hamilton-Folding-And-Reclining-Adirondack-Chair This folding chair is a great option if you like to go camping and you want something comfortable to sit in, and even recline in for optimal relaxation. Also, there are several other products like a conversation table, an ottoman, and a side table you can purchase to complete the set. Of the people who purchased this chair, 72% gave 4 or 5-star reviews. These customers felt that the chair was the chair was comfortable and made well. Its ability to fold up for easy storage and recline made this a prime choice when compared to other chairs available. Of the remaining 28% who left 3-star or lower reviews, the common complaint was the product felt weak, and it had sharp edges. Some customers were disappointed by the chair and felt that the price should be much lower because of the safety hazard (the sharp edges).

POLYWOOD  South Beach Adirondack Chair

For those who want a vibrantly colored chair for their porch or garden, then you’ll be happy to know this chair is available in brilliant shades like red, orange, teal, and blue, as well as the traditional browns, white, and black. Notable features of this chair include:
  • Contoured seat and curved back for comfort
  • Fade resistant Polywood recycled lumber
  • Heavy duty construction to withstand the elements
  • 20-year limited warranty
For those who want a chair that is going to last a lifetime, these Polywood Adirondack chairs are a great option. While they may be expensive, they are backed by a 20-year limited warranty, so if ever there is something wrong with the chair, you can get a refund or replacement. POLYWOOD-South-Beach-Adirondack-Chair Of the people who purchased this chair, 97% gave 4 or 5-star reviews. These customers felt that the chair was incredibly comfortable—it even had plenty of room for a 6’5”, 300-pound man to sit comfortably. The customers felt the quality of the materials used was top notch, especially since they are fade-resistant and they were resistant to the elements, insects, and mold. Of the remaining 3% who left 3-star or lower reviews, the only complaint was the lack of attention to detail, as the one arm was unfinished and didn’t match the other arm rest. Of course, this was the only complaint about this product. So that says a lot!

Conclusion

Looking for Best Adirondack Chairs with good quality can be a bit of a headache, but we hope these options will give you something to think about. If you’re looking for an affordable chair that’s under $100, your best bet would be the Patio Sense Coconino Wicker Adirondack Chair. However, if you don’t mind spending a bit more money, we fully recommend the Richmond Adirondack Chair Set with FREE Side Table.

Wooden Adirondack Chairs

It does come with two chairs and a free side table. You can’t beat that! Of course, if money is no option and you want a piece that will last a lifetime, the Polywood South Beach Adirondack Chair is the clear winner. Whatever you decide, when you purchase an Adirondack chair and have it built, you’ll be excited to relax in it and watch the sunset. That’s for sure!

Some Important FAQ’s

Are Adirondack Chairs Good for Your Back?

Adirondack chair is excellent for your back which is great news for a family that spends a lot of time outside in the summer. The reason they are so great for those with back issues is that their unique design takes the pressure off your lower back and allows you to recline in an upright position. The one caveat is that these chairs are low to the ground so getting in and out of them may pose an issue for some.

Want to know more Click Here

How Long do Adirondack Chairs Last?

There is no clear-cut length for how long an Adirondack chairs last; there are many factors that determine their lifespan. Mass produced chairs made with inexpensive woods will likely not make it through two seasons. On the other hand, handcrafted chairs made with the finest woods can easily be passed down through generations. Other factors include the environment and the weather in which the chairs spend most of their time, and how often you use them. On average, a decently constructed chair with a strong wood will last ten years at least.

Read our complete article on How Long do Adirondack Chairs Last?

How Much Does an Adirondack Chair Cost?

The short answer is that these chairs can range anywhere from fifty dollars for a cheap one to upwards of $1,000 for a luxury wood chair. If you are looking to buy the first chair you come across you can expect to pay around the $200 mark. If you are on a budget or are looking for a chair with more specific features, you will want to keep reading for more information.

What wood is best for Adirondack chairs?

This boils down to personal preference for the most part. You will find t
hese chairs offered in aspen, cedar, pine, cypress, teak, oak, and mahogany among others. While the number one factor is going to be the natural coloring of the wood that you enjoy the most, there are a few other factors to consider.

Click Here to Read More

What are the essential features to consider before buying an Adirondack Chair?

When you are going to decide which Adirondack Chair is best for you, it is crucial to look at the space that the chair will occupy. Ask yourself whether the chair will fit in that space, and if there will be room to move around. Take inventory of the decor and note if the chair or its accessories will match or stand out against other existing furniture and decorations.

One more thing to consider is whether or not the chair comes with a warranty. If a chair is not warranted by the manufacturer that doesn’t automatically make it a bad chair but having that warranty gives you peace of mind that you are buying a quality product.

Click Here to Read More

Are These High Price Adirondack Chairs Worth the Price?

Adirondack chairs are the ultimate in luxury backyard lounging. Even the cheapest of Adirondack chairs are much more expensive than a traditional lawn chair that you buy at a big box home store. Just like any product, there are varying degrees in prices depending on style and the types of materials used. Adirondack chairs all pretty much have the same style, so it is the material, craftsmanship, and convenience that make the big difference in price. The big question is, are these high price Adirondack chairs worth the price?

Click Here to Read More

11 Comments

  1. smart web

    Thanks for the good writeup.

  2. Risa Peck

    your website contains useful information regarding Adirondack chairs..last week I purchased a perfect chair for my lawn that is durable enough against any kind of weather..thank you for such a good post

  3. Ashely

    I am in fact thankful to the owner of this site who has shared this wonderful paragraph at at this place.

  4. Mo Finley

    It was easy to put together. This child’s Adirondack chair was perfect for what I wanted. Very nicely made, the wood is heavy enough for a child and you can paint or stain it without sanding. Yes, I love it.
    THANKS.

  5. brady_reagan

    Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.

  6. Donald Aguas

    Recently I purchased POLYWOOD SBA15GY South Beach Outdoor Adirondack Chair. This chair is very comfortable. Note that this particular Adirondack chair has a slightly concave backrest, as opposed to some of the other Adirondacks chairs that have flat backs. I find that the concave backrest is more comfortable, because it doesn’t put all the pressure on the spine. This is the best Adirondack chairs.

  7. Caren Dahlin

    I bought 2 of Lifetime 60064 Adirondack Chair. These chairs seem to be a pretty good value. I love the look and substantial weight. Much of the assembly was easy until the legs and arms, which are little difficult to line up. It’s a good idea to not tighten all the screws until you have it all put together.

    • AdirondackChairsHQ

      Thanks Caren about the heads up regarding the screws this will definitely help our users while assembling the chair.

  8. Orpha Wooden

    Recently I visited my friend’s house where I noticed White Adirondack chairs in his lawn that looks very classy and eye-catching. So I also decided to buy a White Adirondack Chair for my backyard area. But I have some doubt about the cleanliness and maintenance of the chair. What do you think, should I buy it or not?

  9. Kortney Howie

    I have a small beachside resort. For my resort, I have tried various Adirondack chairs over the years and I can say the one you have listed here are some of the best Adirondack chairs. My personal favorites are South Beach Adirondack Chair and Highwood Classic Westport Adirondack Chair. Thank you.

  10. Harry Morgan

    I was a little skeptical after reading some of the reviews but after reading this article, I went ahead and ordered Leigh Country TX 94050 Adirondack Chair for the backyard and I m glad I got them. With these chairs you get exactly what you pay for!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *