TOOLS YOU NEED:
- Pencil and tape measure
- Jack plane
- Thickness planer
- Edge jointing plane
- Combination square
- Double edged saw
- Power jigsaw
- Two chisels
- Big and small clamps
- Socket wrench for the bolts
- Plug cutter
MATERIALS YOU NEED:
- Cedar wood or any equivalent wood type
- Weather resistant wood glue
- 1” long Wood Screws
- 2” long Wood Screws
- 3” long, 1/2” thick nut with bolt
- Weather resistant wood filler
- Weather resistant wood varnish
- 220 grit sandpaper
- 90 grit sandpaper
- Weather resistant varnish
Cutting Shapes and Bevels
Use the jigsaw to cut the curves and the handsaw straight edges. Planer to smoothen rough surfaces and sharp edges.
- Start assembling the seat by putting together the middle and bottom rails with the back rest slats.
- Beginning with the middles slat, space each slat at 1” in between.
Rocker and Legs Assembly
- Attach the left front leg to the left rear leg and do the same for the right legs. Brace both left and right sets with the center slat bracket.
- Attach the the backrest assembly to the legs with the top back rail and brackets. Constantly make sure that the distance between the rear leg is the same
- for the front and the back.
- Attach the first slat at the bottom front end. Mark the center line and slide the center support through the notch on the beam. Make sure to equal the distance left and right and square perpendicular to the ground.
- Complete all the seat slats making sure to distance all equally and secure firmly in place.
- Position the right arm on top of the right front leg. Position the rear end of the arm atop the middle back rail. Make sure to level the front end with the rear end and attach.
- Square the right front leg with the attached right arm and attach the right arm bracket making sure it’s square perpendicular to the ground.
- Do the same with the left arm.
- Sand-out any rough surfaces with a rough grit sandpaper and remove excess wood splinters off using your chisel.
- Wipe off sandpaper dust and clean all of the surfaces and corners.
- Using a soft brush, apply a weather resistant wood varnish. Leave to dry and repeat until the desired result.
Want to use this infographic on your site?