In this infographic, we show you how to make a quick and easy DIY Outdoor Storage Bench.
Final Bench Dimensions 37.5 in. x 18 in. x 17.5 in.
MATERIALS AND WOOD CUTS
- TOP LID 37.5 x 17.5 x 0.75 inch
- SIDE PANELS (x2) 14.4 x 16 x 0.75 inch
- HINGES (x2)
- FRONT & BACK PANELS (x2) 36 x 16 x 0.75 inch
- LEG PANELS (x8) 3 x 18 x 0.75 inch
- BOTTOM PANEL 34.2 x 14.3 x 0.75 inch
- BASE GUIDE (x4) 34.2 x 1.0 x 0.75 inch
14.3 x 1.0 x 0.75 inch
As soon as all the wood parts are cut to size. Clean the wood of splinters and sharp edges with rough sandpaper.
Building the box
- Bring the panels together to form the box. Make sure that all corners are square and fasten together.
- Fasten the guides for the base flush at the bottom of the box.
- Slide the base over the top of the box until it reaches flat at the bottom guides.
Building the legs
- Bring the leg panels to pairs. Fasten them together to form right angles and four legs.
Assembling the bench
- Attach the legs to the corners of the box leaving two inches at the bottom for the feet.
- Attach the hinges on the upper edge of the leg together with the top lid.
Finish the bench with protective paint, varnish or wood stain.DIYOutdoorStorageBench
Want to use this infographic on your site?