Firepit just brings people together and some of the best conversations had around a firepit. In this infographic, we shared the fun and easy way to make DIY Firetable on your own. So let’s make it.
MAKING THE CONCRETE TABLETOP
- Make a mold with any type of wood with a hole that can accommodate our fire pit burner kit. A rectangular 30 x 10-inch hole for our case with a 6-inch edge on all sides.
- Make sure that everything is square with temporary fasteners for easier disassembly once the concrete has fully hardened.
- With the mold completed, fill the mold halfway with the concrete mixture.
- Place a steel screen reinforcement on top of the mixture for extra strength of our tabletop.
- Fill the remaining half of the mold and flatten the surface of the mixture.
- Leave it to dry for at least 24 hours and carefully remove the mold from the concrete.
- Smoothen the surface and sand out any unwanted bumps with rough sandpaper and set aside.
MAKING THE WOODEN ENCLOSURE BASE
- Build the frame with 2 x 2-inch hardwood and an extra post for the door jamb.
- Make sure that everything is square and fits according to our tabletop.
- Build the door with 4 x 1/2 inch planks.
- Cover up the frame with some planks and sand smooth.
- Drill the necessary holes for the ignition and door handle.
- Finish with natural-colored stain for protection.
Want to use this infographic on your site?